What We Collect
The following are examples of the personal information we collect:
|Activity||Examples of Personal Information Collected|
|Registering on our website||Name and e-mail address|
|Purchasing on our website||Name, credit card number, billing address, shipping address, and telephone number|
|The Human Beauty Movement Community||Any information about yourself that you choose to submit or post as part of your The Human Beauty Movement Community membership or that relates to your activities in the Human Beauty Movement Community such as your: nickname, Instagram/YouTube handles, personal characteristics, age range, groups, conversations, photographs, videos, and product reviews.|
|Sweepstakes and contests||Name, e-mail address, and age|
|Product Availability Notifications||Name and e-mail address|
|Product Replenishment||Name and telephone number|
In addition to the information we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
In addition, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our websites.
- Cookies. 
- Flash Cookies.
- Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.
- Web server logs.
- Geo-location technologies.
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The Human Beauty Movement primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase history, suggest products, and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
How We Share Your Personal Information
The Human Beauty Movement may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Corporate affiliates.The Human Beauty Movement may share certain personal information with its affiliates.
- Service providers.We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, text messages, and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
- Joint Marketing Partners.We may share your personal information with third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product or service. These joint marketing partners may only use this information to market and offer The Human Beauty Movement-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses. Additionally, to the extent permitted by law, The Human Beauty Movement’s joint marketing partners may share your personal information with us to better serve you.
- Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins.If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
- The Human Beauty Movement’s online social community (“Community”) allows you to participate in The Human Beauty Movement Groups, Conversations, Ratings & Reviews, and to receive product recommendations. Some of the information you provide in association with the Community can be seen by everyone and some information can only be seen by you on your Profile, as indicated below:
|Seen by You and Everyone else||Seen Only by You|
|Your Instagram/Youtube handles shared by you|
|My Recent Reviews|
|Review Recent Purchases|
|Products Recommended For You|
- Other instancesThe Human Beauty Movement may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process.
- Business transition.The Human Beauty Movement may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets or stock of The Human Beauty Movement, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. The Human Beauty Movement may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
The Human Beauty Movement may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
- Aggregate information.We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
- Behavioral-based advertising.A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
How We Protect Your Information
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
|Your Options||What you need to do|
|Updating or Correcting the Personal Information Relating to Your Account||You can update or correct your name, e-mail address, security questions, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “My Account” page or calling 1-888-411-9725 and speaking with a representative.|
|Receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails||You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive. You can also edit your e-mail preferences on your “My Account” page. Please call 1-888-411-9725 to discontinue receiving material by mail.|
|Behavioral Based Advertising||You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioral based advertising by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.|
|Remove content from user review||You can remove content that you posted on a The Human Beauty Movement public space, such as part of a Ratings & Review, by e-mailing details to customercare@The-HBM.com. Note that we will endeavor to honor your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.|
|The Human Beauty Movement Community||You can remove some of your The Human Beauty Movement Community activity by emailing customercare@The-HBM.com.|
|Receiving Text Messages||When The Human Beauty Movement sends you a text, you can reply “STOP” to stop receiving text messages from The Human Beauty Movement.|
|Updated Credit Card Information||If you have given The Human Beauty Movement permission to store your credit card information and your credit card issuer provides an account updater service, we may receive updated credit card information from the issuer (through third party service providers), including updated credit card number and expiry date. If you don’t want merchants like The Human Beauty Movement to receive your updated credit card information, please contact your card issuer.|
California Privacy Notices
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Site, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site or on Community. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from our Site or on Community (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the address, telephone or email below.
Communicating With Us
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or of you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact The Human Beauty Movement’s General Counsel:
The Human Beauty Movement
Legal Department, Privacy
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
Changes To This Policy
 “Cookies” are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain of our web page, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
 Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
 Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
 Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
 Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.